Results Before and After
Your Medical Trip
Your Experience Manager
Surgery Abroad Education
Surgery Abroad Educational Newsletter
Plastic surgery in Argentina
Hotels in Argentina
Women and Plastic Surgery in Argentina
Prices in Argentina
Plastic surgery in Argentina
Ear surgery in Argentina
Anesthetic: Local with local sedation or general
Stay in clinic: one day and one night
Recuperation: 5 days
Required pre-surgical tests: for your ear surgery in Argentina, you will need a current blood test (CBC) within one month of your surgery and complete history and physical examination. These can be arranged at our office at your preoperative visit. Other laboratory studies, such as an EKG or chest x-ray may be requested. All patients undergoing general anesthesia are required to have a preoperative medical evaluation and some routine laboratory tests to assess their general medical condition.
• Ear surgery in Argentina is recommended to patients who are distraught psychologically, socially and professionally from big, protruding or deformed ears.
• Not only is it possible to “pin back” ears, but also ears can be reshaped, reduced in size or made more symmetrical due to otoplasty.
• Adult candidate for otoplasty should understand that the firmer cartilage of fully developed ears does not often provide the same molding capacity as in children
• As for children, it is highly desirable for them to have it at a younger age sometimes as young as 9 years old not only for aesthetic reasons but also for psychological reasons affecting their future development both at school and at home. The cartilage is extremely pliable, thereby permitting greater ease of shaping, secondly, the child will experience psychological benefits from the cosmetic improvement.
What is the procedure?
• Your ear surgery in Argentina will begin with an incision behind the ear, in the fold where the ear joins the head.
• The surgeon may remove skin and cartilage or trim and reshape the cartilage.
• In addition to correcting protrusion, ears may also be reshaped, reduced in size, or made more symmetrical.
• The cartilage is then secured in the new position with permanent stitches which will anchor the ear while healing occurs.
Length of the operation ear surgery in Argentina
• Typically otoplasty surgery takes about two hours.
• The soft dressings over the ears will be used for a few weeks as protection, and the patient usually experiences only mild discomfort.
• Headbands are sometimes recommended to hold the ears in place for a month following surgery or may be prescribed for nighttime wear only.
Results of your ear surgery in Argentina *
• The ear surgery in Argentina permits to reshape the ears, permanently reduce the size of larger ones and set prominent ears back closer to the head. Nevertheless, you need to expect slight tenderness of the ears for 2 to 3 months.
• After discharge, you may resume most normal activities. You may no do any heavy lifting (nothing over 25 lbs.) and you may not do any vigorous exercises (jogging, tennis, aerobics).
Post operation *
• Do no bend. If you need to bend, bend at your knees.
• Do not shampoo your hair for one week after surgery. After one week you may wash your hair being careful not to get any water in your ear. To avoid water in the ear, work Vaseline into a piece of cotton and put it in the ear, then put more Vaseline on top of the cotton.
• If you have sutures behind the ear, be sure to keep the area dry.
• Back to work or school: 5 to 7 days
What is the time to recovery? *
• Strenuous activity, contact sports: 1 to 2 months.
GoSculptura offers packages offering plastic surgery in Argentina competitively priced with leading board certified plastic surgeons in leading plastic surgery clinics in Argentina.